Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top 9 Reviews of 2009



Can you believe that in just a few short hours, we will be entering a new decade? I'm not sure about you, but for me, I feel like I just blinked and now 2009 is over. But to celebrate the end of this rollercoaster year (buying our first home, transitioning to SAHM, hubby starting his own business, etc.), I thought I'd take a look back at my favorite product reviews since starting this blog in August. It was so difficult to narrow down to just 9 since I've had the pleasure of reviewing some amazing products over the course of the past 4-1/2 months but here are the ones that stick out in my mind the most (in no particular order):

1. Bubblecakes: These personalized blankets are so soft and luxurious and the prints are just adorable. We've gotten dozens of compliments on Nate's cowboy blanket and it's perfect to use for an outdoor picnic or for indoor playtime. Nate drags this blanket all over the place and it still looks brand new. The perfect treasure for years of comfort and warmth. And did I mention that they come wrapped up in a cute little cake box? Say it together...awwwww!

2. WEDGiTS: This unique construction set that can be nested, stacked, linked or wedged together has provided our family with endless hours of entertainment. Yes, all three of us are addicted to these bold, bright creations. The pieces are easy to grasp and maneuver, and large enough not to pose a choking hazard to young ones. Educational fun for budding engineering geniuses!

3. First Juice: This is one product I've purchased on my own several times since my review. My son is a rare breed that prefers milk and water to juice but when he needs a quick fruit serving, I like knowing I can rely on First Juice to fill the gap. With 50% less sugar than other brands and quirky flavors like Peach and Purple Carrot (yes, there is such a thing as purple carrots!), it's something kids and parents alike can enjoy.

4. Putumayo Kids' Picnic Playground: One of my favorite kids' albums is this delectable, warm weather treat about none other than food. The various languages and genres from exotic countries worldwide allow me to expose Nate to different cultures and demonstrates that while we may be different, we all share a common love and bond for music.

5. YourPictureBook.com: The sweet personalized storybooks from YourPictureBook.com stole my heart the moment I saw them. Containing Nate's name and face on every page, our Noah's Ark book is a classic we can pass down from generation to generation.

6. PUR Flavor Options Pitcher: Just when I thought water was getting "boring", the PUR Flavor Options Pitcher came along and breathed new life into the crystal clear beverage. With sugar-free flavors like lemon, grape, peach and raspberry, water is now healthy and delicious! My family drinks much less soda now and due to our increased water intake, we feel healthier overall. This one was definitely a winner for us!

7. Simple Wishes Pumping Bustier: Pumping is not exactly what I'd call an "enjoyable" experience. But with the Simple Wishes Hands-Free Pumping Bustier, it's definitely easier and more convenient. The completely customizable fit and soft, comfortable fabric keep your pump snug against your body and allow you to do what moms do best: multitask. Change a diaper. Do your hair and makeup. Take that phone call. Write that blog post that's been on your mind. All while you produce milk for your baby. Your wishes have been granted.

8. Boogie Wipes: It's flu season and with that comes the coughs and sniffles. And snot. Galore. Nate despises having his nose wiped but Boogie Wipes have made the task a little less dramatic. The soft, cushiony, saline-filled wipes are perfect for runny, stuffy or crusty noses and the packets are compact enough to fit in a purse or diaper bag so you are always prepared. Oh, and the scents are particularly yummy too. A real mommy must-have!

9. Episencial Body Butter from SproutBaby: This newly discovered delight is made with natural ingredients straight from one of our favorite tales: Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The lotion is thick and creamy, without being greasy, and has really helped keep Nate's eczema under control.

Honorable Mentions

The Organic Pharmacy's Carrot Butter Cleanser: This facial cleanser is 100% natural and organic but cleans just as well as the harsher guys on the market. I use it every night and have been impressed with the results. If only I had the budget to splurge for more!

Rockabye Baby: What can I say? These lullabies rock! From classic rock to punk rock to pop rock to modern rock, there is something for every rock fan and their littlest rock star. I love that I can share bands like Queen and Guns N' Roses with my little guy. My husband and I enjoy the soothing tunes almost as much as Nate!

Baby Guitars: While we're on the subject of lullabies that rock, I can't forget to mention this gem from Nancy Wilson, one half of the legendary rock duo, Heart. This touching acousic soundtrack brought tears to my eyes with the first listen and is something Nate and I still listen to and relax to regularly.

Snikiddy Snacks
: Nate may love Goldfish and Ritz crackers, but I don't love all the preservatives. Which is precisely why I buy a collection of Snikiddy Snacks everytime I visit Babies R Us. The line of baked cheese puffs and cookies makes our mouth water not only because they taste great, but because they are free from evils like trans fats, hydrogenated oils, high-fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors and colors. Yum!

Bei Bambini: This luxury line of childrenswear carries some of the most adorable outfits I've seen for both boys and girls. It can be a hassle finding boy's clothes that I really like but Bei Bambini has button-down polos, rompers and overalls that I can't resist. Each piece is constructed with care and great attention to detail. The style is classy but the prints are fun, which is great since they grow up so fast already.


Thanks so much for taking a look back at my fave reviews. Now I want to hear from you. What would you like to see on Goodie Goodie Gumdrops in 2010? Is there a certain product or service you'd like to see? More about me and the family? Special features or columns to add? I'm here for you so please chime in and help me make GGG the best it can be.

There will be much more to come in 2010 so I'd like to wish you all a very happy New Year! I'll see you next year *wink wink*

Photo credit: Flo30937 via Photobucket

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin