I try to strike a balance with my son's free play and structured play everyday. But one thing I always make room for is storytime. Nate is getting to the age where he enjoys turning the pages in his books and pointing to the characters and objects. His library contains a fair number of books but I am still working on accumulating the classics. With Scholastic Storybook Treasures, we can now bring our favorite stories to life.
Giggle, Giggle, Quack...And More Stories by Doreen Cronin is the newest release from the world-renowned read-along DVD series. The sequel to Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type, Giggle, Giggle, Quack is just one of the five hilarious animal stories adapted from tales by best-selling author Doreen Cronin. The colorful animation mimics the original storybook illustrations by Betsy Lewin and Harry Bliss. Featuring celebrity narration by Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine), Alexander Gould (Weeds) and Grammy Award-winning singer Randy Travis, Giggle, Giggle, Quack supports reading comprehension, vocabulary and problem solving for early readers aged 3-8. Bonus DVD features include an interview with the illustrator, an enhanced read-along function, new "Talk About the Story" questions to enhance early literacy skills and two Spanish adaptations to hone bilingual skills.
About the stories:
- In the title story, Farmer Brown leaves his brother, Bob, in charge as he takes a much-needed vacation. In his absence, the mischievous farm animals are up to their old antics, changing their care instructions and setting the stage for mass confusion and tomfoolery.
- In "Dooby Dooby Moo", Duck sees an ad in the newspaper for a talent contest and decides to enter the farm animals with the hopes of taking the top prize. Little does he know the talent lies within himself.
- Unhappy with the farm conditions, Duck decides to take over in "Duck For President". But when he wins, he finds out just how hard it is to run a farm!
- "Diary of A Worm" shows us the daily happenings of an underground dweller and how our lives are really not all that different.
- The concluding story, "Diary of a Fly" gives us a sneak peak into the day-to-day life of a little fly with big dreams.
Bottom line: Giggle, Giggle, Quack is sure to elicit laughs from the whole family. I love that we have some new storybook classics to indulge in.
BUY IT: You can purchase Giggle, Giggle, Quack in stores or online at www.newkideo.com (ARV $14.95).
WIN IT: I have another DVD up for grabs for one lucky reader!
MAIN COURSE (MANDATORY ENTRY): Tell me your child's favorite farm animal. Easy peasy, right?! Remember to please leave your email address in your comment if it isn't visible on your profile to prevent disqualification!
SUGAR ON TOP (BONUS ENTRIES): To maximize your chances of winning, you may do any or all of the following. Be sure to complete the above mandatory entry or your bonus entries will not count!
1.) Follow my blog and/or subscribe via reader or email. Comment telling me which method you chose. If you already follow or subscribe, that counts! (1 entry each)
2.) Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this contest. Just leave me a comment with your tweet link. (1 entry)
3.) Add my button to your site and comment with a link where I can find it. (1 entry)
Giveaway will end on May 28, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. Open to U.S. only. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to congratulatory email or prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this DVD from Beth at Foundry Communications in exchange for my candid review. I was in no other way compensated for this post. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are mine alone. Your experience may differ.