Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Appetizer: Ultimate Party Meatballs



If you're planning on hosting a Christmas party like I am this year, you're probably in the process of finalizing your menu. Since this is my first time hosting all the relatives (at our new locale no less!), I want to cook my old reliables but also impress them with new recipes that taste terrific but won't eat up all of my time (no pun intended). After all, I want to spend time socializing with my company, not standing over my oven.

Well, thanks to Heinz and Ocean Spray, I now have my appetizer under control. Their Ultimate Party Meatballs recipe takes only two steps and uses only three ingredients! This budget-friendly dish is perfect to serve at a dinner party or before the big holiday meal. And let's not forget Super Bowl!

Ultimate Party Meatballs

1 14-ounce can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
1 12-ounce bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
1 2-pound bag frozen, pre-cooked, cocktail-size meatballs

Combine sauces in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Add meatballs. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally. Makes 30 appetizer servings.

Slow Cooker Preparation: Place meatballs in a slow cooker. Combine sauces and pour over meatballs. Cover and cook 4 hours on HIGH.

©2009 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. and Ocean Spray International, Inc. All rights reserved.
©H.J. Heinz Company, L.P. 2009. All rights reserved.


Seriously, you can't get much easier than that! If you want more appetizer, side dish or main course recipes, as well as tips for entertaining, stop by the Ultimate Party Meatballs website at www.ultimatepartymeatballs.com.

Disclaimer: I was invited to post about Ultimate Party Meatballs due to my membership at Mom Central. I was not compensated in any way for this post, but I have been entered into a contest to win a recipe prize pack including a bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce, a can of Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce, a recipe card to make the Ultimate Party Meatballs, and a serving platter.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin