Sunday, September 13, 2009

Luvs "Take A Stand" Campaign




As a mom, I'm quickly learning that expensive doesn't always equal better. I can't count the number of times I've purchased a top-of-the-line toy for Nate just to watch him toss it aside for something else. Like the box it came in. Or in some cases, the hyped-up toy would break after just some typical toddler jostling, leaving mommy and baby disappointed. I, like many others, mistakenly believed that more money would ensure higher-quality. But that's not always the case.

I have high expectations of any product I give to or put on my baby. I expect it to perform its intended purpose, be aesthetic, and above all, safe. These attributes aren't typically associated with discount brands. Especially disposable diapers.

But one company is standing behind their product: Luvs.

Luvs' new campaign, Take a Stand, encourages moms everywhere to just say NO to pricier diaper brands and YES to affordable, premium leak protection you should expect from your diapers. Luvs is so confident in the quality of their products that they offer a LeakGuard Guarantee. That's right - they guarantee their diapers work! If you're not happy with the performance of your Luvs' diapers, you can get a complete refund! What other brand offers this?

If that's not convincing enough to give them a try, on Tuesday, September 15th, Luvs is kicking off the Take a Stand campaign with a $5 off coupon! Starting at midnight EST, you can visit the Luvs website to claim your coupon - but you'll want to hurry because only a limited number of coupons are available.

It's not all about diapers. There's a larger message behind the Take a Stand initiative. Luvs is committed to empowering moms everywhere to stand up for what they believe in - whether that is saying no to high prices or trusting your gut when it comes to parenting. So, in addition to the $5 off coupon, they are introducing a new social network for moms to unite and discuss the issues that are at the forefront of their minds and closest to their hearts. You can also have fun making your own Luvs baby avatar with their adorable Baby Builder application. Like mine?


The spokeswoman to spearhead this stand up, speak out campaign is Tony-award winning actress, Marissa Jaret Winokur. Marissa is best known for playing the lead role of Tracy Turnblad in the Broadway musical Hairspray, but you may have seen her on Dancing With The Stars or hosting her new show on the Oxygen Network, Dance Your @$$ Off. As mom to her 13-month old son, Zev, Marissa understands the importance of budgeting and getting the most for your money when it comes to everyday items.
As the mom of a very active toddler, I understand firsthand that our plate is full. From juggling the family schedule and maintaining the house, to watching the budget and at least dreaming of ways to sneak in time for ourselves.

With so many priorities in our lives, at the end of the day we don't want to over-think diapers. We just want to feel confident that they work, while taking pride that our savvy choices save money for the family.

That's why it's my pleasure to lead the Take A Stand movement for Luvs, because I stand for buying quality products that don't break the bank. And, you can count on Luvs to deliver great performance at a great price, plus a money-back guarantee. YES, I'll spend money on thinks that matter - including diapers. NO, I won't "pay up" for them.
As for me, I'm taking the Luvs challenge. I'm a loyal Pampers user but this week, I'm giving Luvs a try. I'll be back at the end of the week to share my official review. So, please check back!

In the meantime, I want to ask you: was there ever a time you drew the line and made a stand for something? I'd love to hear your stories and the causes that are important to you!




Disclaimer: I found out about this campaign from my membership at Mom Fuse. I was not compensated in any way for this post.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin