Saturday, May 1, 2010

Growing Up!

My little blog is growing up!

Nine months ago, I never would have guessed I would one day have 500+ followers. I am just blown away by the support of my readers. It really brings a smile to my face to know that my hobby brings others joy. It's very hard work to keep up with the content - more than I ever imagined - but I find it very rewarding when people tell me how much they love my blog or when businesses tell me about their campaign successes.

I wanted to do something special to mark this milestone so, after much hemming and hawing, I took the plunge and purchased my very own domain! No more blog*spot for us! We can now be found at:

http://www.goodie-goodie-gumdrops.com

It just sounds so official, so established...doesn't it?! My own little niche in the world wide web!

Please switch over your links and bookmarks to reflect the change. However, if you tend to get mommy brain, no worries. Everything should automatically forward to the new address. I've tried to make this transition as seamless as possible. The only changes you should notice are (a) you have less to type, and (b) faster page load. Everything else (feeds, buttons, etc.) should remain intact. Of course, bugs can and do happen so if you run into any snags, please inform me immediately so I can fix the problem.

My page rank will probably suffer for a little bit but that should only be temporary until Google re-indexes the new address. I personally feel this change is best in the long run.

Thanks for sticking with me and I look forward to whatever else may be in store during the next nine months!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin