Are you still searching for a way to pull a fast one in honor of April Fools' Day? You family or friends will get a kick out of these "cupcakes" I found in Family Fun Magazine. Surprise: you won't find one grain of sugar in this "dessert"!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- Food coloring
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 muffin tin cups with foil bake cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the meat loaf ingredients until well combined. Divide the mixture evenly among the lined cups (the liners should be about three quarters full).
- Place the filled muffin tins on cookie sheets and bake the cupcakes for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide the mashed potatoes among three small bowls and stir a few drops of food coloring into each batch to create blue, yellow and pink pastel frostings. Spread a generous dollop on each cupcake.
Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for this post, nor is this blog or post endorsed by Family Fun Magazine in any way, shape, or form. I simply found the recipe online and reproduced it here for my readers. Fun, but gross, right?!