Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Body After Baby: Week Three

MamaNotes

Well, week number two is toast and I did manage to do a little better than last week. I still didn't meet all of my goals (darn!) but here is this week's summary:

1. Work out 5x for 30 minutes or more.

Honestly, I only worked out 3x this week. I know, I can hear the crickets chirping too. All three days, I went walking with Nate for about an hour. But I didn't manage to squeeze in any other workouts. I was hoping to do some crunches to blast my tummy flab but it wasn't meant to be. *blah* I was consistent with last week's results so it wasn't a total fail but I didn't improve. It's as if I've plateaued.

2. Eat 2 servings of fruit and 4 servings of veggies per day, and limit carb intake.

I am pleased to report that I met this goal! Woot! Some days I fell short in one area or another but would make up for it the next day. I heart my vegetables so eating greens was fairly easy for me. The fruit was a bit more of a challenge. I had eaten much our fruit supply last week so it was hard to find something appealing. My mom came to the rescue and bought me these little delights called kiwi berries, fuzz-free versions of kiwis that are the size of a grape. They added a bit of variety between the usual suspects of banana, strawberry or apple.

I also have to give myself a pat on the back for limiting my carbohydrates this week! No more nightly pumpkin pie rendezvous. I did indulge in dessert one or two evenings but other than that, I was a good girl.

3. No eating past 10pm.

There was one night I fell victim to late-night eating but other than that mishap, I was able to stay true to this goal. Yes!

4. Go to sleep before midnight each night.

I am happy to say that there was only one night that I went to bed after midnight - Saturday night. Thursday night, I actually retired upstairs at 10pm! Man, I feel old even admitting that. But getting a good night's sleep is so vital and makes me feel so refreshed in the morning. As long as Nate sleeps through.

5. Drink 4 or more glasses of water per day.

I almost met this goal - I was so close! But in the end, I still fell a tad short. I drank 25 glasses of water this past week, which amounts to 3 and a half glasses per day. Getting there slowly but surely. If I could lay off the sweet tea a little, I think I could easily meet this goal.

Last week's mini-challenge was to walk 30 minutes or more each day. As I noted above, I walked a total of 3 hours over 3 days. This is good but I was hoping to do better.

My progress thus far:

Weekly weigh-in: 140.5 lbs. (Net weight gain/loss: -.5 lbs) It's something!

Total points: 21 (from week 1) + 12 (week 2) = 33

How I feel: I'm feeling more confident than last week but I know I still have a lot of work to do if I want see results. The weather has turned chilly (it is mid-October, after all) so I know it will be easy to talk myself out of outdoor activities. I need to be proactive and find other ways to get in my exercise.

This week's goals: Work out 4 times this week for 30 minutes or more. Continue with at least 2 fruit servings and 4 veggie servings each day. Drink 6 glasses of water (8 oz.) per day. No eating past 10pm. Sleep before midnight.

This week's mini-challenge: Eat at least 3 healthy meals. Healthy meaning containing at least 2 food groups. No fast food! 1 meal = 1 point. (3 points per day max)

Let's carry the momentum into next week!

1 comments:

2Wired2Tired said...

Great job! It's definitely tough getting back into shape with a newborn in the house. Sounds like you have a great plan and are on the right path. Good luck!

I like your blog. Found you on Mom Bloggers Follower Group. I'm now following and looking forward to reading more.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin