Thursday, October 22, 2009

Body After Baby: Week Four

MamaNotes

Well, I'm officially onto week 4, which means I am already halfway through the challenge. Yikes! Time is definitely flying! Here is my summary from week 3:

1. Work out 4x for 30 minutes or more.

I'm sad to say this was my worst workout week thus far. I only walked once this week for 30 minutes since it rained just about everyday last week. And even though I had opportunities to exercise indoors, I only took advantage of one 15-minute period to do some crunches. What can I say? I really sucked it up this week in this department.

2. Eat 2 servings of fruit and 4 servings of veggies per day, and limit carb intake.

I fell behind a bit in the fruit department this week and only ate an average of 1 serving per day. However, I was easily able to meet my veggie requirement. I love my greens! It was still a challenge to limit my carbs but I did make more of a conscious effort this week. I only indulged in dessert three times this week, which is a vast improvement from other weeks.

3. No eating past 10pm.

There was one evening that my husband got home from work late so we wound up eating dinner right around 10pm. Other than that one evening, I was able to fight the temptation of late-night snacking. Woohoo!

4. Go to sleep before midnight each night.

I made a BIG mistake by drinking coffee Sunday evening and I was so buzzed, I didn't hit the sack until 2am! Of course, I woke up exhausted on Monday morning. I also didn't go to sleep last night until 1am since I was working on a blog post and didn't want to leave it unfinished. Determination is a good quality, I suppose. So long as it does not become a habit, since adequate sleep is essential to my physical and mental well-being. I get quite grumpy when I am tired.

5. Drink 6 or more glasses of water per day.

I am happy to report that, thanks to my new PUR Flavor Options Pitcher, I was able to meet this goal! There were some days I even surpassed it! I am so proud of myself. I haven't been drinking nearly as much soda or tea and feel completely satisfied with my flavor-enhanced water. Woohoo! (Want one for yourself? Be sure to enter my giveaway!)

Last week's mini-challenge was to eat at least three healthy meals per day. I averaged two healthy meals a day, with a total of 15 last week. Breakfast and dinner are typically easy for me but for lunch, I'm often on the go and eat a lot of processed or fast food. I'm working on substituting easy, healthy dishes like dill tuna salad sandwich on wheat bread, PB&J or low-salt tomato soup.

My progress thus far:

Weekly weigh-in: 142 lbs. (Net weight gain/loss: +1.5 lbs) BOO! I choose to blame this gain on the impending visit from my Aunt and lovely water weight.

Total points: 21 (from week 1) + 12 (week 2) + 15 (week 3) = 48

How I feel: I am a little frustrated with my progress. I have been trying but not quite hard enough. I really need to step it up and get my act together if I want to see results. Otherwise, the next 4 weeks are going to pass me by and I will still be stuck in the same position, with the same lousy 5-10 extra lbs.

This week's goals: Work out 4 times this week for 30 minutes or more - indoors or outdoors. Continue with at least 2 fruit servings and 4 veggie servings each day. Drink 6 glasses of water (8 oz.) per day. No eating past 10pm. Sleep before midnight.

This week's mini-challenge: Perform a minimum 50 crunches per day.

Thanks for cheering me on - I'm gonna keep on keepin' on!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin