Thursday, October 29, 2009

Body After Baby: Week Five

MamaNotes

Wow, it's hard to believe I'm now onto week five! Here is my summary from week 4:

1. Work out 3x for 30 minutes or more.

If I thought I sucked last week, this week was just as bad in the workout department. I only got in a half hour of walking and a couple days of crunches that hardly totaled 30 minutes. The weather has been rainy, which makes it impossible to do my favorite outdoor activities. I need to find a way to motivate myself indoors on those days instead of sitting in front of the computer or TV.

2. Eat 2 servings of fruit and 4 servings of veggies per day, and limit carb intake.

I did a little better on fruits this week since I bought some bananas and fruit cocktail. Veggies, as usual, I rocked. I did so-so on carbs but indulged a little, like last night when I had a generous helping of cornbread with my chili. Bad girl!

3. No eating past 10pm.

As in past weeks, there was one night that I had a handful of Reese Cups after 10pm but other than that fallback, I was able to quell the beast. YAY! This is a particularly successful one for me because our house is loaded with Halloween candy and I've been resisting temptation for the most part.

4. Go to sleep before midnight each night.

I'm happy to report that I only went to bed at 1am once this week. Six out of seven isn't bad! Right?!

5. Drink 6 or more glasses of water per day.

I am sad to say but I fell behind in the water department this week. I still averaged about 4 glasses a day but I started drinking more juice and root beer that my hubby picked up at the store. Sure, blame the hubbs on this one! ;)

Last week's mini-challenge was to do 50 crunches a day. I only managed to do this two days this past week. I'm not sure what my problem is. Maybe I need more face-to-face interaction? Maybe I need more cheerleading? A personal trainer to whip my butt? I just keep finding excuses as to why I can't fit it in when I know I could if I really had a more determined mindset.

My progress thus far:

Weekly weigh-in: 141.5 lbs. (Net weight gain/loss: +1 lbs) A loss of .5 pound since last week but still a hearty disappointment since the beginning of the program. I should have at least lost something by now!

Total points: 21 (from week 1) + 12 (week 2) + 15 (week 3) + 100 (week 4) = 148

How I feel: I am beyond feeling frustrated with myself. Each week, I tell myself to step it up and I do okay for a few days. But then I give in a little here and there and before I know it, I spiral downward into my bad habits. I'll admit I've been tempted to just throw in the towel and start over again on my own terms, on my own timeline. But I remind myself the challenge isn't over yet and if I do anything, I'm going to stick it out to the end. Even if I wind up gaining weight. At least I persevered.

I've already told my husband I want a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas so I can exercise indoors this winter season, in a fun way.

This week's goals: Work out 3 times this week for 30 minutes or more - indoors or outdoors. Continue eating well and drinking a minimum of 6 glasses of water (8 oz.) per day. No eating past 10pm. Sleep before midnight.

This week's mini-challenge: There isn't one this week! But I think I'm going to stick with last weeks' challenge to prove to myself that I can do this! I will lose at least 1 pound before this is all said and done!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin