Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Gratitude Challenge: Day 3



It's Day 3 of the Gratitude Challenge and my task is to write about something I am grateful for today.

Today, I am grateful for HOME. We don't own; we rent a single-family cape cod on Maryland's Eastern Shore. I often complain about its quaintness. Our kitchen doesn't have a garbage disposable and our rooms have no crown molding. It's nothing fancy. It's simple. Uncomplicated. And with my toddler tornado, it's almost always a wreck. But it's also my solace. It's my shelter, where I spend most of my quality time with my family. The community is peaceful, with numerous amenities including a pool, nature trails and private beach. The neighborhood is family-friendly and I love that people aren't afraid to say hi to one another as they pass. All in all, I love where I live.

Today, I am grateful to have a roof over my head when there are so many out there without.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin